Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Baden-Powell vs. Kath and Kim

Commercial vehicles I’ve seen that have made me smile:

Bright pink lorry with ‘Caroline’s Effluent Service’ written down the side
The previously mentioned scaffolding company bearing the legend “Always a satisfying erection”
And finally, “White Van Gentleman; delivering with distinction”

Well done to all our winners. Caroline’s lorry in particular made me think of Kath and Kim –

Kim: I want to be effluent, mum, effluent!
Kath: You are effluent, Kim!

I’ve eaten my lunch again but a whole hour later than yesterday so I’m feeling quite pleased with myself. I suppose the answer would be not to make fresh homemade bread every couple of days and I might not be so tempted.

Slept well last night – making up for a lousy night’s sleep on Sunday and then my 5am start yesterday. I think I slept solidly for over 9 hours and feel much better for it.

My shoe-stretcher arrived today and my boot tidy should arrive tomorrow. Don’t worry, I don’t expect you to be excited or even pleased, they are small, fairly boring items not designed to set people alight with passion or enthusiasm.

I have two pairs of trainers that are centimentres too small – literally. So I thought I could throw them away (one pair is virtually brand new) or I could invest in a shoe stretcher and try and resolve the situation! (Being as I am, the kind of girl of whom Baden-Powell would approve.)

The boot tidy which so obsessed me all weekend is to tackle the growing amount of stuff in the boot, that threatens to spill out and take over the rest of the car. I like to be prepared (see previous Baden-Powell observation) but there’s no excuse for a messy boot.

The arrival of these two objects may be small and other people might question why I would even think them blog-worthy, but I believe they enable me to have some control in a world largely gone mad…

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home