Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Skinny food?!

I started my day with a double tall latte and a “skinny” peach and raspberry muffin. Of course, I did have the dilemma, if it’s skinny I should have two, no? But managed to resist and just had the one… I’m happy to report it was very nice.

We could barely drag ourselves out of bed this morning. It was cold and we were tired. Also work feels a bit of a hassle this week – everyone demanding something – and there are lots of things I could be doing at home. I have an interesting and varied to-do list as long as your arm. Sorting out my trainers, putting up shelves, building a raised vegetable patch, having an autumn clear-up in the garden, clearing out two cupboards, measuring up for a chicken run… there’s at least three days of pottering right there. And that’s not the entire list! Ah, if only life could be a gentle but purposeful potter, sorting out all the things that need, well, sorting. No work, no traffic, no skinny food, no early mornings…

But instead I’m stuck in an office with harsh lighting and recycled air. Despite this I’m not too downhearted. Getting a new laptop and a new pair of wellies in one week is not bad by anyone’s standards. Now, to work…

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home