Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Shopping on the clock

I’ve just been shopping in work time. Which is nice. As the editor of a magazine, I sometimes have to buy competition prizes. Today it was a digital camera and a dance CD. (I went to HMV again, dealt with someone who was at least 33 – good age that – and he too was very charming). I also managed to ‘accidentally’ pick up two cut-price DVDs and some croissants*.

Last night I went home full of vim and vigour and although I was grumpy and tired by the time I actually got there because traffic was so bad again, I decided to seize the day – well actually, I seized a small hammer and some laundry, and I spent the first two hours being very useful. I put up a picture, did the washing up, did some aforementioned laundry, filed some papers, made some bread and had a general tidy up. After that I really was tired. But we had a nice meal and watched the new series of Doc Martin – one of my favourite programmes.

Today is the first of Pluto’s extra walks. I’m sure he’ll be very pleased when J turns up and he realises that he’s going for a long romp with about five other dogs of various sizes and levels of excitability.

I have lots of writing to do today for the magazine, which being a writer, I understandably enjoy. Except I have a lot to do in a short space of time. So on that note…

*They don't sell croissants in HMV. If they did, I'd never leave the place.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home