Monday, September 24, 2007

Music is the food of life (but my bank manager disagrees)

I’m so naughty… I’ve just bought the new Paul van Dyk album – the man is not only a genius and impossibly gorgeous but he’s also genuinely very nice. I interviewed him for a dance magazine and we had lunch together – and the new Armand Van Helden album! We’ll never get a farm if I keep spending all the dough! But life without music is almost as bad as life without a variety of animals and the ability to grow your own veg. (As justifications go that was pretty weak but never mind…)

I don’t like to discriminate but I dealt with a man in his 30s in HMV and he was lovely. I then dealt with two people in their 20s and they were sullen and unhelpful. I’m not saying everyone 29 and under working in record shops is a mardy little git, but really, this is more evidence that being 30 plus (and in this case working in a music store) is the way forward; the new brown which was last season’s grey which I’m told was the new black. Over 30s I salute you and would like you to take some responsibility for allowing me, nay encouraging me, to spend more money by telling me ‘Paul van Dyk’s just released his new album’ in a casual and pleasant way…

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home