Monday, October 01, 2007

Toilet seats and ska

It’s been a very social weekend. On Friday after the match (COME ON ENGLAND!), a large pizza and four bottles of Hoegarden we jumped into a cab and went to a ska party in Dulwich… as you do. It was really good fun and the Dulwich Ukulele Club (DUC) were playing. Ukuleles and ska. It should be so wrong, but it was so right…

On Saturday I did far too much running around. Driving hither and thither doing errands and trying to find a boot tidy (don’t ask) so I felt a bit buggered by the evening, but it was off to another party, this time Balham way – my partner’s best friend who she had known since she was 9. Really nice pub – can’t remember the name, but when I do, I will post it because the service was good and by all accounts so was the ale (I was driving so all I can tell you is that they did a lovely glass of coke.) They also had the rugby on in the background (COME ON SCOTLAND!) but it was on mute, which I thought was quite civilised. Those that wanted to watch it could, but it didn’t dominate the bar and you could talk and listen to music. We met some great people and swapped emails and phone numbers. But again, we didn’t get back to the wee smalls.

Sunday was more relaxed and we stayed in bed for ages. But we ended up doing quite a bit again: ironing, fixing a new toilet seat, getting a new cupboard for the kitchen, laundry (always with the laundry) and making dinner. And a friend popped by for tea and biscuits and she brought us three books about Paris for our forthcoming trip.

I was in bed by 8.30 only to then spend most of the night awake… I had to be up by 5am to get to work uber early and feel as if I haven’t had any sleep at all. Although I am very pleased with the new toilet seat and I have a lovely lunch of fresh homemade bread and brie and cranberry sauce sandwiches. So really, one has to take the rough with the smooth…

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home