Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Will it be Dick Van Dyke?!

I put people first on my commute into work this morning. Letting people cross even if they weren’t at a zebra crossing or some other type of crossing. I got lots of nice smiles – especially when people had that resigned ‘I’m never going to get across!’ look on their face. Cars behind weren’t always best pleased but I kept looking ahead on the road and it was really slow moving, so I wasn’t holding people up because we weren’t really going anywhere – if anything I was marginally easing congestion because we weren’t all racing up to the point were traffic had stopped completely. Maybe I protest too much, but I see so many ignorant drivers nowadays but few ignorant pedestrians so I quite liked turning the tables.

Slightly has got a trade stand at the London cycle show (Earls Court, end of next week) with Witcomb Bikes. He called me last night and has offered me a couple of comps, which was a nice surprise. Now cycling is not really my thing but my partner is a very keen cyclist and so I was happy to accept. And I’m sure the show will be very interesting and fun – I’m actually looking forward to it! Don’t expect me to come out clad in lycra (not a nice thought) and with a £500 mountain bike attached to my arse, but I’m sure I’ll find something to spend my money on!

I bought doughnuts into the office today. I thought we needed a pick me up. I was thinking around 3pm when spirits and resolve are flagging but as an excellent example of how much work we have on at the moment, two have gone already…

Tomorrow I’m doing a photo shoot for the Southwark LGBT network. They want new publicity shots and so asked me whether I would take the job. I think it will be a fun project and I hope I achieve everything they want.

We’ve booked a chimney sweep to visit on the weekend. We have three fireplaces but they haven’t been tested and swept. I’m not keen on central heating but I do love real fires and so the sweep – a 40 year old man not a 6 year old ‘urchin’ by the way – is coming at the crack of sparrows on Saturday (well, 9am) to do the business. Our best man is also coming for brunch later on that day and then it’s the rugby! Hurrah!

Anyway, things to do… now where did I put those doughnuts?!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home