Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas baskets

What a lovely day. We decided to do homemade Christmas presents for some friends. We bought some stuff in France and made the rest, so homemade bread, mince pies and apricot and brandy pies and then French herbal tea, biscuits, chocolate and jam and some Satsuma’s (from Somerfield) and all in a lovely basket... we dropped two off today (and one yesterday). So we got to have tea with some friends, then popped to a shop in Crystal Palace called It’s a Green Thing where we bought some household stuff and toiletries and an organic cotton baby grow decorated with dinosaurs! Then we went to a lovely coffee shop called the Blackbird Bakery where we had a spot of lunch and watched three fire trucks turn up and tackle a blaze in a deserted building next to the coffee shop. We could smell the smoke as we ate our lunch. It didn’t spoil my enjoyment of my leek and emmenthal quiche thankfully...

Then we walked the dog at Crystal Palace and now we’re home drinking tea and glad to be in out of the cold.

Now I plan to put my feet up, rest my sore knees and enjoy the rest of my Sunday. I hope you enjoy yours.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home