Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Computer says no...

We’ve got a problem with our old computer. I thought our security programme had expired and so tried to install Norton but it didn’t install properly (and the old programme hadn’t expired either) and now everything is corrupted. We have tried everything, including Norton recommended tools to remove the programme. But the whole computer is FUBAR’d*.

Although we have the laptop now, I have photos on the old computer and I need it for working from home (my laptop is Vista and my remote access doesn’t support Vista, whereas the old computer is XP). We have asked two people we thought were friends if they would mind fixing the problem. We even offered to pay; one said they would do it but has not bothered to get back to us, the other never replied. To say no I can’t / don’t want to do it would have saved a lot of time but apparently even that’s too much to ask…

My partner’s dad is coming round tonight to have a go. Fingers crossed, because we really do need the beast in good working order…

* Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home