Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Achtung!

Well, news hot off the press… our finance director is German! Imagine. Apparently according to my ever-eating colleague he doesn’t look German. I asked what Germans look like (useful if we’re ever at war with them again in case they try and sneak up on us). She didn’t actually know what Germans looked like per se, but did say that she been out with Germans (all of them?). Furthermore, she went on to add that there are some nice Germans out there. Which put my mind at ease – nice people don’t tend to start wars…

I do question how interesting people’s lives are if information that a work colleague is of foreign extraction seems to make them somehow more interesting and exotic. We live in London; there are lots of people from lots of places…

I was possessed by Kim and Aggie last night because I went home and did lots of housework, finally collapsing on the sofa to enjoy a light supper and a spot of Murder, She Wrote. And although I was pooped afterwards, I slept really well (probably because I wasn’t slumped in front of the TV all evening) so I might try and do some gardening tonight.

We have a new cleaner starting on Friday. She seems lovely and has already confessed to liking things in a straight line. I didn’t so much interview her as she gave me a potted, but still very detailed, biography of her life. I think she’s going to work out just fine…

Right a strong cup of coffee and then it’s back to the grind – not long before I can head home and plant some bulbs!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home