Monday, April 07, 2008

Five day weekend, two day work week: the way forward?

We might get the girls this weekend! My partner received a phone call from the hen house people this morning and they can deliver this week! Sorry, lot’s of exclamation marks but I can’t help it, I’m excited!

It’s going to be a busy old weekend – a friend and I are going to the EDF final at Twickenham on Saturday and then it’s the marathon on Sunday. I’d love to tell you I was in it but clearly, that would be a blatant lie. My partner’s best friend and mother to her goddaughter is running and P, another friend, is also taking part. It’s such a gutsy thing to do, even if you are fit (which they both are). Anyway, we said we would look after the husband and goddaughter because B (goddaughter) obviously wants to see her mum running but there are so many runners it’s going to be impossible to pick anyone out… and on top of all that, we may now be putting the hen house together. Still, can’t complain!

This morning has been a little trying. My assistant has made lots of meetings for me and hasn’t included who I am meeting and where, which is actually quite fundamental to the success of the meeting. Anyway, she’s printed out a list now. I was going to point out that next time it might actually be helpful to start with a list, but I don’t want to interrupt because she’s eating. Again.

But I am determined that my week will be useful and productive so this is a small bump in the road… although using the analogy of roads makes me think of aforementioned colleague again. Whereas I want to get from A – B in a timely and efficient manner, she would rather stop at every service station along the way so she can eat even more food...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home