Sunday, April 13, 2008

EDF Finals

Yesterday I went to the EDF Energy Final at Twickenham and had a fantastic day. The atmosphere was great; really good natured as you would expect from rugby. There were three games, but we missed the first, instead getting there for the EDF National Trophy Finals (Northampton Saints vs. Exeter Chiefs) and the EDF Finals (Ospreys vs. Leicester). Unfortunately both my teams lost! I decided to support the Chiefs in the first match and Leicester in the second but it was Saints 24 ā€“ Chiefs 13 and Ospreys 23 ā€“ Tigers 6! Oh dear...

I bought a new t-shirt (another one!) and a signed copy of the Jake White book (former South African coach). Although had I not exercised bit of discipline I got have bought a lot more.

We had great seats and despite the occasional bouts of rain, we stayed dry and the hot sun more than made up for the occasional dampness.

My friend came back for dinner and not long after she left I headed for bed... a long day, crammed in small seats which were rubbish for my knees, and all the emotion of being part of a 65,000 + crowd cheering on your team! Iā€™m still tired today...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home