Thursday, February 08, 2007

Some days are just better than others


Yesterday was the missus’ birthday and I did, as planned, make her breakfast in bed. She loved her cards and presents (her main present was the bike stuff but I bought her a few extras so she would have something to unwrap on her actual birthing day). We then went our separate ways to work – she had a good day and so did I and then we went out for dinner with her folks and her brother and that was lovely too! We came home (the dog had been for a walk with his best friend and was all excited) to more birthday cards, and rather unexpectedly, a bottle of champagne and a card addressed to us both, on our doorstep. It was from the boys saying ‘a small card to say a huge thank you for everything you did for us on Saturday’ and it put an even bigger smile on our faces! I also received a Nike England Rugby polo shirt. Somehow the RFU have me down as a volunteer for rugby in the community – which I am but I don't know how they know – anyway as a thank you for my work, they sent me a free top! How nice was that!

Today I woke up (after a lay-in!!) to deep, thick snow. I had already arranged to work from home today and tomorrow because of the inclement weather and I woke up feeling relaxed and refreshed. The dog loved the snow again and I took some gorgeous photos of our garden and the park…

Anyway, I have lots of work to do so I’m off… if you only do one thing today, throw a snowball!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home