Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Pay attention doofus

Well I would be working on our new website except we can’t access it for some reason… So I’m waiting for the designer to get back to me and in the meantime I've decided to blog.

I saw a crash last night – horrible. And another reminder of how much attention you have to pay behind the wheel. We were driving in stop/start traffic when this estate car driver – who must have been fiddling with the radio or his mobile phone or something – went straight into the back of a Mercedes. It sounded like an explosion. Even at those slow speeds there was some real damage; the estate coming off worse. This huge guy got out of the Mercedes and he looked pretty pissed off. Why can’t on impact cars turn into giant marshmallows or bouncy castles… maybe not a bouncy castle actually, people would be flung everywhere… so I found that a bit upsetting, but I did focus maybe that few percent more and I got home safely. I’ve also decided no more fiddling with my own mobile even when stuck in traffic jams. I never did whilst ‘driving’ but did occasionally check messages when in slow moving traffic. Well not anymore mister.

Although I never saw myself turning into the sort of woman who would ever get excited by vacuum cleaners, our new one arrived yesterday and the missus and I are shamefully excited about being the first to whip it round the homestead. I’ve decided to do a big blitz on Friday because the housework has gone for a burton recently where we’ve just been so busy with everything. And a clean house is a clean mind! Think we might need more than just a new hoover…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home