Thursday, February 01, 2007

Man mushroom

We went upstairs for a beer last night with the boys. It was nice to touch base after the stag do and before the wedding. They are remarkably calm. I however, am slightly shitting myself. I want to read the readings well, I want to not panic about being on the Eye (I’m claustrophobic and not great with heights), I want them to have the best day of their lives, I want to remember to thank everyone when I do the speech later, I want to not get on the Eye and then realise I need a wee etc., etc. Of course, as Denis Norden used to say (he may not say it anymore because I think he may be dead) ‘it’ll be alright on the night’… I just need to relax and celebrate the fact that two very dear friends are in love. I hope I look alright in my new suit?!

Ok, enough about me or rather enough about the wedding. I have a confession, in the car on my morning commute I radio station hop; Harriet and Jamie on Heart, Chris Moyles on R1 and Aunty La La on XFM. Chris Moyles irritates me and it disappoints me that he doesn’t have the sense to realise his responsibility as a broadcaster and to NOT use the word gay as a put down or call a woman a slag live on air (it’s not about how he uses or intends a word to be used, it is how it is heard and perceived, but obviously being a self confessed ego maniac, he doesn’t think that far ahead). And I’m sorry, but no-one can ever replace our beloved Sarah Cox on the morning show and I’ve had the hump with R1 ever since so really there are a lot of issues wrapped up in this not liking the CM show malarky.

But today, on the show Kelly Osborne was a guest and I ended up literally crying with laughter. Thank god I was stuck in traffic and not a danger to my fellow road users. Tears poured down my face when they were talking about the naked photo shoot and CM’s “man mushroom”. He handled it well I have to say, he’s pretty good about being teased and the whole thing was the funniest ‘sketch’ – although completely spontaneous and improvised – I have heard on the radio for a long time. I felt all cheerful coming into work. Of course if you didn’t hear it, this is a pointless blog and you don’t know what I’m talking about. Never mind.

I used the new hoover last night. Bugger me that’s some suction! It wasn’t just the carpet lifting, it was the floor boards as well. The hall carpet looks like new!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home