Thursday, March 01, 2007

Boycott Carphone Warehouse

My phone keeps getting cut off: Carphone Warehouse's (CPW) fault, not mine. They have lost a payment I made on January 16 (for my January bill). They want me to pay again. Not unreasonably I said no and faxed over my bank statement to prove that I had indeed paid the bill and that the money had left my account. I have since paid my February bill (which they managed to not lose, I suppose I should be grateful) but are still insisting I pay January's bill again. Despite them now knowing I paid for it already. Confused?! For a communication company, they really aren't very good at communicating - see below...

Dear Mr Dunstone (Chief Executive)
I am writing again – and incidentally will continue to write until this is sorted out – because my phone has been cut off again. I have just spoken to XXX; seemingly the only efficient and organised member of staff in your entire organisation who has apologised for everything that has happened to me and who seemed quite embarrassed at the situation. But to be fair, I don’t care anymore. I will be changing my contract because I want nothing more to do with CPW or O2.

- It turns out no one ever filled out a missing payments form, XXX has just done this now two months after the payment apparently went missing
- My phone, for the third time, has been cut off
- Despite my two letters, one fax, three phone calls and one email, no one has ever bothered to contact me, either to update me or to explain that my phone would be cut off
- Each time I phone I have to explain everything all over again because it appears no one is (a) taking notes and (b) following up on the investigation – in fact to all intents and purposes, the investigation is only now starting and everything I’ve been told before was a lie
- XXX can’t tell me what happened to my fax – a fax containing my bank statement with highly confidential and personal information on it

It would almost just be easier to pay twice and I’m sure that would help pay for someone’s bonus, but I won’t and I won’t let this rest either. You should be very ashamed of your company right now.

This was sent to Mr Charles Dunstone by registered post today. You see, I know they want you to shut the fuck up and put up with lousy service but I'm afraid I don't shut and do nothing very well...

If you're looking to buy something at CPW - don't. It really is more trouble than it's worth.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home