Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Rescue boats and tractors

Yesterday was a beautiful day, people were in shirtsleeves, the sunglasses were on… today is more overcast but still very mild. Spring is here, the grass is riz, I wonders where the birdies iz?! I first heard that as a kid and as an 8-year-old I thought it was very funny!

It’s been a great couple of days - the only dark cloud was some fucktard tailgating me Saturday night when we were coming back from a concert. It was so bad that when I braked for lights that had turned amber, he didn’t and I honestly thought he was going to go into the back of us putting myself and my partner at risk. I tried braking again and ended up going through a red light because it wasn’t safe to brake to a complete stop. Bizarrely he (yes he, sorry!) did slam on his brakes so he didn’t go through a red light although he overshot the white line. I was - and still am - shook up and angry about the whole thing.

The concert we went to see was the London Lasses (featuring Peter Quinn) – a phenomenal traditional Irish band that somehow seem to be really contemporary and make you want to be able to dance, sing and play a variety of instruments – preferably all at the same time. We really enjoyed it, although I don’t think we would go back to the Irish Centre to see a gig. People clapped loudly and were heard saying how good the band were, but there wasn’t that charged, reckless, passionate atmosphere you get with really good live music. I don’t think it was because the audience were quite a bit older either – I just think it was a combination of things that made for a strange atmosphere.

Sunday we took the dog for a romp up on the common near Downe. A fabulous place, wild and beautiful as all woods should be. The weather was glorious and we packed some nice sandwiches as well, and Pluto was as happy as a dog running through mud!

Monday I heard that my request to go down to Tower Pier and do a photo assignment on the RNLI had been approved! So I will spend the 6th April with the day-shift; going out on the water and seeing how the operation works. Incidentally what’s with this new blogger malarkey – tried adding RNLI as a link and not only does it not show, but a massive space in my links list has appeared...?

Anyway, I’ve also heard back (and you may need to sit down) from someone at Carphone Warehouse! Easy now, if you feel dizzy put your head between your knees...
My letters to the CEO worked (always go to the top) and his office passed them on to someone who seems fairly confident that he can sort out the problem. I won’t hold my breath, but seeing as this is the FIRST time they have contacted me in the three months this debacle has been going on, it is arguably, a fairly good sign!

Finally, and I do understand if this doesn’t induce quite the same level of excitement in you that it does in me, but I’m taking the family to a country show in Cambridgeshire this Saturday. I love country shows! I love the tractors, I love the dog shows, I love the market stalls, I love the shire horses, in fact, I love everything about them. We're taking my mum for mother’s day and I’m hoping the weather will be fine and clear. I would imagine I’ll be taking a few photos there as well!

With all these new pictures (I'm also doing a series of shots on Rose Garden this Wednesday) I may need to start updating my neglected flickr account...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home