Friday, June 08, 2007

Cancer, not as much fun as you might think...

I spoke to my mum last night after her latest hospital appointment (this one I didn’t go to), it’s definite, it’s cancer. Cancer of the sternum; it’s also possibly spread back under her arm. Chemo next Wednesday and then 9 more sessions. We’re hoping that because this is the 2nd time and they know how ill chemo made her last time (which is why she only had 3 instead of 6 sessions) they will be able to look after her a little better. She will probably be on Herceptin for the rest of her life, and after chemo, more radiotherapy…

She wasn't crying, or even particularly upset when we spoke, rather she seems resigned to the fact that she has to go through it all over again, and to be honest, so do I. I mean, it’s not like we have a choice.

Slept very deeply last night with weird disturbing dreams. Not surprising really, but I was almost glad to get up this morning… and that’s not like me!

I have the rugby dinner tonight and if I wasn’t really looking to it before, now I really don't want to go. It’s not like I’ll be missed. I’ll have another coffee and then see how I feel. I don’t have to make a decision right this moment and to be honest, I need to get on with some work!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home