Thursday, August 02, 2007

When the banks rob us...

I’m two croissants and a hot cross bun to the good and am on my second cup of coffee so really I have all the fuel I need for a full morning’s work. I also feel quite chipper because tomorrow is my home work day and it means I can have a lay in and work in my PJs.

Here’s a question for you (and I really do want to know the answer, it’s not rhetorical!) why when banks are being sued or at least challenged over bank charges and having to pay out large sums – my friend got £3500 and made a film! – do they continue to charge exorbitant fees? I have chosen to not have an overdraft facility and to be fair nine times out of ten I don’t need one. However, yesterday was that one time out of ten. In the gap between money going out and money coming in, I was just short (43p in case you’re interested) of covering a DD, so they have charged me £19.50. I fully intend to challenge my bank over this and other charges, as many others have before me, so why are they just storing up trouble by not acting to reduce fees to reflect the actual costs?

Answers on a paying in slip…

Tonight we’re off to Slightly’s for dinner. Pluto, who has a lot of love to give and is on a mission to make sure everyone gets their fare share, thought Slightly’s other half was quite lovely the first time they met so that should be a joyous reunion… for Pluto at least!

We’re doing dessert. I think when people say that, it means they will have cooked something, I however, will be going to a well known supermarket to buy something gorgeous and yummy.

Anyway, I have things to do and the coffee is starting to wear off…

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home