Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gay people in positions of power

I’ve got into the habit of picking up a couple of croissants on my way to the office because my general lack of organisation in the morning means I often don’t have breakfast at home. I go to Gregg’s and there is a lovely gay guy that works in there. Now I’m not saying it’s because I’m a lesbian (it is) but he always gives me a lovely warm greeting and then, chooses two of the just-been-baked croissants from the back. (When really, he’s supposed to take two off the shelf.) To be fair though I always smile, say hello and take the time to ask him how he is so I’d like to think personality plays as much of a part as sexuality. But it’s just a really nice exchange to have each morning with someone who is effectively a stranger. Some people though are very rude and so I think any politeness is generally very welcome. I was thinking therefore in what other positions of power would I like gay people to do me favours? (Take your mind out of the gutter…) But, and this is a good indicator of my level of affection for baked goods, I could only really come up with a bakers and as you've now discovered, I'm all sorted on that front!

Anyway, our computer is fixed! My partner’s dad really is as clever as he looks. I’m so relieved. I haven’t really given it a test-run and I still need to check my remote access works but it’s looking good. It didn’t actually take all that long and we didn’t need to re-install everything as we were told we would, so that was a relief.

I’ve just paid my parking ticket. I should be in a grumpy mood but surprisingly I’m not. There’s nothing I can do so I just have put up and shut up… and I’m certainly not hoping my payment chokes them…

Tomorrow is our staff Christmas lunch. Should be good fun even though I work with some very odd people. I did think about leaving the car at home so I could have a drink or two but I decided against it. Besides it’s not like any of them will really drink so it might be embarrassing if I was on my 4th pint before we even got to the starters…

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home