Sunday, December 23, 2007

Two more sleeps!

It's two more sleeps till Christmas!

Today was a lovely day, we went to the Dulwich Farmers Market this morning to get some last minute essentials such as brussel sprouts on a stick! (When did this happen? I can assure you that when I was growing up, brussels came in a plastic net bag... they were never on a stick. It's modernity gone mad...) After the market we took the dog to Dulwich park where we all had a lovely walk. And this afternoon (after taking the car to be washed - as did the rest of the Sydenham) I've been loafing around on the sofa reading or watching a Diagnosis Murder film! I managed to read the chapter I've been dreading in the Amber Spyglass (The Harpies) - it made me cry the first time, it made me cry today... But now I've got through it, I can carry on with the rest of the book.

On Friday I had a few friends over for birthday drinks and it was lovely. And I recieved my first Facebook wall posting saying, you have the same birthday as Jesus! Hehe.

I spent yesterday afternoon with a friend who needed some love and some pecan pie and I was happy to oblige. Another friend has just called to say that he is dropping off a birthday present. It was and is a timely reminder that this time off year isn't just about presents, it's about making the time for people that are special to us.

In case I don't blog until after Christmas, have a wonderful time and may all your dreams come true in 2008!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:54 am, December 26, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there I hope you are having a fab christmas. Bryn x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home