Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cornwall or bust

Not that I’m obsessed but I was planning a trip down to Cornwall this weekend; very much a spur of the moment thing. We saw another property down near the Lizard Peninsula and were quite taken with it – me especially. Anyway, as I’ve said before, it’s not the right time for us to move and I know this intellectually but emotionally I’m desperate to buy a house and start our new life…

I was going to jump into the car on Friday stay with friends half way, and then go and see the house on Saturday, head home and report to the missus either it’s not worth our time or, you need to come and see it!

We talked about it and we just can’t do it at the moment (for several reasons) so I stuck my bottom lip out but accepted the inevitable. Instead our weekend will be gardening, dinner with friends on Saturday, and friends over for lunch on Sunday. But no Cornwall, not this weekend anyway ;0)

Ironically a great job has just come up in Falmouth! I’ll be doing the application over the weekend but it will interesting to see if (a) I get offered the job and (b) what this will mean in terms of when we move down.

I saw several strange things on the way to work (or at least I thought they were strange and/or interesting) a woman chain-smoking in a car with a no-smoking air freshener and no-smoking window sticker. An old man with mobility problems drinking a can of well-known energy drink (it doesn’t really give you wings!) and for a split second this morning I thought someone was stealing my car! I pulled up at the garage to get some food because I was uber early for my morning meeting. As I came out of the garage, I saw my car being driven away. I literally did a double take with my head snapping back and forth like a flag in a stiff wind… it took a minute but then I saw that my car was exactly where I parked in. Someone had parked an identical car right next to mine: same make and model, same colour, same year!

Ok so they weren’t the most interesting things in the world, but you have to remember my commute is pretty boring…

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home